How to give Feedback about our Service
We appreciate all forms of feedback on our service as this identifies what you think we are doing right as well as the things that you feel we are not.
How to Register a Complaint
We aim to provide the best service possible to everyone who attends GP Out of Hours.
We understand that there are times when things can go wrong leaving a patient, relative or carer feeling that they have not received the service that they expected. In these cases, we would wish to rectify the matter to as quickly, and as amicably, as possible.
The above options can be used to make a complaint but there are also the following options:
1. Issues can be raised in writing, by telephone or email:
Grimsby GP Out of Hours:
Service Manager – Unplanned Care
Core Care Links Ltd,
c/o Raj Medical Centre,
Tel: 01472 875135
4. By contacting North East Lincolnshire Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0300 3000 550 and North Lincolnshire Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01652 251125 who will be able to offer help and support with the complaint.
5. Direct contact with any member of the team.
What information is required
1. Confirm details of the Complainant including contact details for feedback if requested (including preferred method of contact)
2. Details of the Patient/service user Complaint
3. Desired Outcome from the complainant’s perspective.
Who can complain?
A complaint can be made by:
1. A patient/service user
2. The representative of a patient/service user – this can be anyone acting on their behalf with their consent
3. Anyone who is, or is likely to be, affected by the actions, decisions or omissions of the service that is subject to a complaint.
4. The representative of a patient who lacks capacity, as long as the representative can be seen to be acting in the best interests of that person.
5. A patient/service user deemed unable to make a complaint themselves in line with Core Care Links Mental Capacity Act (2005) Policy.
A complaint can only be made by on behalf of someone to whom a Service provided by Core Care Links may have a duty or power to provide a service.
Who can a complaint be made about?
A complaint can be made about anything that is connected with the services provided by Core Care Links Ltd. This includes, but is not limited to:-
1. Quality or amount of service
2. Charges for a service
3. A decision
4. Failure to follow correct procedure
6. Attitude and behaviour of staff
Limitations to making a Complaint
Matters that should be dealt with through other procedures will not be dealt with as a complaint, including:-
Disciplinary or grievance proceedings
Where a statutory appeals process is in place
When a complainant intends to take legal proceedings in relation to the substance of the complaint
Allegations relating to safeguarding.Responsibilities
If you wish NHS England to handle the complaint
Write to NHS England at; NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT.
By email to: email@example.com If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line.
By telephone: 0300 311 22 33
What you should expect from us
1. Acknowledgement of your complaint within three working days
2. A written response to all aspects of your complaint following investigation
What happens if you are dissatisfied with the outcome?
If you are unhappy with the explanation provided then the last stage of the Complaints Procedure is for the complaint to be referred to the Parliamentary and Health Ombudsman who can be contacted on their Complaints Helpline between 08.30 and 17.30 Monday to Friday:
Tel: 0345 015 4033
Fax: 0300 061 4000
You can also write to the Ombudsman at:The Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP.